I've been playing with matchmoving on and off for years, using different software, with varying results. I got a copy of Matchmover with my Maya license and decided to dabble once again. But it was mind numbingly frustrating, I couldn't get a single solve to work. All the videos I've watched make it look so easy and they work every time!
Anyway, I dug out an old license I have for some very cheap tracking software PFHoe, and after some fiddling, I got some reasonable results, and, in about 100th of the time I spent with Matchmover!
It's not perfect, but it's not bad.
Dynamics Test from Tony Jackson on Vimeo.
I used cheap motion blur and I think that's why there is some strange movement on some of the debris pieces when they are close to the camera.
Next stage will be to sort some shaders, add dust and smaller debris, some camera shake, background elements, and if I can find the right car models, some traffic.